Saturday, September 26, 2009

23 Things # 4

9/25/09
Sarah F
LIS 635
Blog Entry 2
23 Things

4. Create a Twitter Account
I have never used Twitter before so this was a new experience for me. The tutorial in the courseware was very helpful and allowed me to see what the Twitter page looked like and what types of things I should be looking for. A “tweet” is only 140 characters long and that surprised me because I did not know that there was a limit on the message length. The site is easy to use and has many different features including customizing your pages and finding friends on Twitter. Twitter can be used as a reference tool for librarians because people can post their questions and get answers from others on the site. Many web sites are putting a Twitter feature on their home page so that the frequent visitors of the site can join and “tweet” about the site or subject matter. Social Networking sites are becoming very popular today.

No comments:

Post a Comment