Monday, October 19, 2009

23 Things # 10,11,&12

10/19 /09
Sarah F
LIS 635
23 Things – 10,11,&12

10 Play around with an online image generator.
I went to this web site and looked at imageGenerator.net. I thought it was very cool because you can manipulate an image to make it your own unique picture. You can post your own sayings and information on the pictures. I also used http://www.imagegenerator.org/ to create a cartoon bubble image of my dachshund wearing a tie. This was a lot of fun to experiment with.

11 Take a look at LibraryThing and catalog some of your favorite books.
I do not have an account with Library Thing so it was time that I set one up. I think this is so interesting because you have the flexibility to tag your own books. I put many of my favorite titles into my account. I think this would be a useful tool when working in a library because you can be connected with others who like the same types of books that you do. This tool allows you to create your own library with titles that are individualized to you.

12 Roll your own search tool with Rollyo.
I have never heard of Rollyo before. I created an account and began to search. I made a Searchroll using the subject dachshunds. I also looked in the health Searchroll to find information about Asthma. These search engines are all grouped together and allow users an easy way to group all of their favorite sites in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment