Sunday, October 11, 2009

23 Things 8&9

10/11/09
Sarah F
LIS 635
23 Things – 8 and 9

8. Learn about RSS feeds and setup your own Bloglines newsreader account.
This exercise taught me how to set up my account and what RSS Feeds were all about. It sounds really cool because you can go to one place to get all of your news and information. I read through the tutorial on the web page and found that to be very helpful if you have not previously subscribed to this. It has screen shots and allows you to clearly see each step of the process. I went to my e-mail account and validated my address. Once I was logged into my account I began to select some web sites to add to my list. This tool could be very useful to a librarian because it is one place to go to acquire all of the news headlines, sports, facts, and library news.

9.Locate a few useful library related blogs and/or news feeds.

I subscribed to some library and news feeds. This was interesting to me because there are so many interesting sites available. These allow professionals to stay aware of current news stories and know what stories are developing in their profession.

Library Sites: Library Stuff, Librarian.net, Librarians’ Internet Index, Shifted Librarian

News Sites: CNN.com, Fox News.com, National Geographic News

No comments:

Post a Comment