Monday, November 16, 2009

23 Things # 20 and 21

11/16 /09
Sarah F
LIS 635
23 Things – 20 and 21

#20 You too can YouTube
I went to Utube and watched a Dachshund Race Clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubar8FJk6kA
This is such a cool site. I like the fact that you can type in a subject and find a video on anything that you are looking for. It has a wide variety of subjects and information. I think that the clips could be organized better because sometimes it is hard to find the actual clip that you are looking for. I have used this site before to watch videos on Book Truck Drill Teams, Sarah Palin, and to learn dances like the Mashed Potato.

This site could be applied to libraries because you could use video to show patrons programs and outreach activities that have happened. You could also use it as a way of advertising library programs and events that are coming in the future. The search bar is helpful on the site.

#21 Podcasts, Smodcasts!

I looked at podcasts.com and explored the site. One of the casts that I clicked on was a 60 minutes clip. javascript:feedMe('http://www.cbsnews.com/common/includes/podcast/podcast_60min_1.rss','feed','3151','','60%20Minutes%20-%20Full%20Broadcast%20in%20Audio');
This site had many news links on it. This would be a great place to go to hear the latest news or learn about a current news issue that has been in the news during the week.

The second site that I explored is podcastalley.com. This site seemed to be much more social. I saw some information about the New Moon movie that is coming out this week. I took a look at some of the information about that and listened to what people are discussing about the movie. http://twilightseriestheories.mevio.com/
I thought that this site was really cool but I noticed there was a significant amount of advertising before the actual material was discussed. This is a great place to go to hear what everyone is saying about the new movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment